Thursday, October 07, 2004

Good Life, Apple Pie

For some reason the family rose and shined in great moods today. Except for me. I'm a horrible morning person. Always have been, always will be. I stumbled down the stairs to kiss my wife and child before I left for work. My wife was crafting an apple pie, my son was sitting next to her on the counter, 'helping.'

My wife is fantastic; she thanked me for helping to provide them with a good life, just the thing I need to hear on groggy midweek mornings.

The son (20 months old) then chimed in with an observational philosophy of his own:

"Good Life...Apple Pie!"

Youbetcha, son! Thanks for giving dad a new 'happy mantra'!

:)

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your extended family agrees to the sentiment! Apple Pie seems to be a Franklin family symbol for good life. I'm just learning that too =) Anyway, the wife's right! Happy Anniversary by the way...
-Christy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home